I have been bitten by the Coupon-ing/crafting bug. The lack of job or any actual responsibilities has caused the "nesting" phase of my pregnancy to come a lot sooner than I had anticipated, and as of recently I've turned to coupon-ing and crafting to fill the time. You're probably thinking coupon-ing really? I know I was a skeptic too, but I have a friend who is basically a coupon genius, and she has converted me, I'm not even close to having her fine tuned skills, but it's pretty addicting. Here is my loot from my first coupon-ing experience with her. GUESS WHAT I PAID???
Retail Price 95$
After coupons I paid 32$
I saved 63$ I could hardly believe my eyes!!!
Sleeping has become the most recent obstacle in my pregnancy. The 100+ temperatures (38+ for all you back up north) haven't helped the cause much, but this little guy is determined to keep me up at night! The other night, I could tell it was going to be a rough night and Todd had a big test the next day, so I figured I'd start a little project and hopefully get tired enough that I could fall asleep without keeping him up. Well I didn't wake him up, his alarm did at 5am when he found me sitting at the sewing machine, finishing my project. It took me a little longer than I had planned because I wasn't really following a pattern, but apparently wanting to get something finished is like caffeine to me. Needless to say I slept most of the next day.
Here is what I accomplished that night;
a wipe case, a wipeable change pad and bag to keep it all in.
It has been so nice having Todd home so much more this year. They are doing a lot more hands on learning in the clinic as opposed to book work, so he doesn't have to study nearly as much, it's been great. It gives him so much more time to rub my swollen feet!!!
And here is a photo update of the ever growing belly!!

30 weeks
We're on the home-stretch!

6 comments:
good job! I love couponing too (especially for diapers)!
Your face in your new "belly" picture is priceless. I totally love your diaper case, super cute fabric. And of course i love your coupon deal!
Looking good Ash! So you just made me so jealous that they don't have coupons in Canada like they do down there. Diapers are so expensive! And I absolutely love your diaper case etc. Really cute!
Wow! I need to take Amber couponing with ME sometime! I can't believe how much stuff you got for only 32 bucks!
And your diaper holder/case/pad turned out SUPER cute! You will have to show me how you made the pad (I need one for Audrey's).
Very cute diaper changing kit!!! I am so impressed, you will have to show me how the next time you guys are up here! Hang in there with the sleepless nights! I think that it is all just good prep for after the baby comes!
I just can't put any boy projects up yet. Someone may see them on here before they get them . . .
Post a Comment