Saturday, January 17, 2009

8 MILES!!!!

When we first moved to Arizona I got the bright idea that I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon. A few girls in the ward were doing one and I figured it would be fun, unfortunately I have a motivation problem...I run out it incredibly quickly! As was the case with my desire to run the 1/2 marathon. Well my lovely husband didn't want me to loose faith on 1/2 marathon dreams so for Christmas he registered me, unfortunately that only left me with 5 weeks to learn how to run 13 miles (I hadn't ran in months!)

I had to start out not going very far, but today I ran 8 miles, and in pretty good time. To you big time runners 8 miles might not seems like a whole lot, but it is definitely the furthest I have ever ran. Now I just have to figure out to add on another 5, and I'll be set! The race is in three weeks, and with a longer run under my belt I'm getting more excited and a lot more confident that I will actually be able to finish it.

4 comments:

Criscell said...

Way to go, Ashley!! That is awesome. You'll do great!

Brenbren said...

So, you are a ROCK STAR!!!!! And I hope you do great on the run. You have long legs so they will take you far.... You hot sexy runner you!

Cara and Steve said...

Nice job Ashley! Tara and I are running Sedona too... so you won't be alone. I'm way excited.

hilary said...

i'm seriously considering running it with you! even though i haven't been running at all lately, something in me wants to be spontaneous and see if i could just do it with no preparation! good job on your 8 miles!