We've been having so much fun since I last blogged. Christmas is such a great time of year. I figured this year we would start sending out Christmas cards, we didn't get very many out because I made them so last minute, but I mostly wanted to do it so we could look back thirty Christmas' from now and see where were at. Just so that you can fully understand what a procrastinator I am, and how last minute these cards really were, I made them on a Monday morning, we took the picture that night (on the side of the highway might I add) and I flew back to Canada on Tuesday, with the cards in tow. So Merry 'belated' Christmas from the McClenaghans

They were having a lovely winter back home, mild temperature and light snow, that was until we showed up! We experienced cold to a whole new level. There were a few days where -40 was the high. It only made it worse that we have become so acclimated to Arizona, that we practically shiver if it gets below sixty. It was the worst for all the kids all they wanted to do was go play outside but there were only a few days were it was warm enough. This year we had two Christmas' on with Todd's family another with mine. On Christmas eve with Todd's family all the nieces and nephews acted out the nativity it was too cute. We woke up bright and early, as I'm sure most people did (at least those with kids at Christmas) and the morning began. It was nice to spend time with family just relaxing. The two youngest kids got sick over the holiday, but with the number of kids there and the lack of sleep we could have had an epidemic on our hands.

We spent the next week with my family up in Calgary. Lauren is still little enough that it really doesn't matter to her when Santa comes so had Christmas all over again. It was so fun to see her get excited about Christmas, she loved to play with the Nativity scene. Kiersten and I had bought a necklace for her to give mom , Lauren helped wrapped it, but we sure if she totally understood. But on Christmas morning before she saw the tree or even asked about presents she going off to mom about a necklace, my mom pretty confused, so Lauren took her downstairs unwrapped the present herself and said "See mom, I got you a necklace" Lauren had broken the necklace by time we started opening the rest of the presents but it was a cute moment. We were planning on heading out snowboarding near the end of our trip, but remember those two little ones who got sick at Christmas...Todd does. Turns out he picked up strep from them, I guess its good he got it before we came back down, but we really wanted to go snowboarding.
I know Christmas isn't about the presents but I have to brag a little about this one. How great is my husband and my mom! I can't believe I got a Bosch Mixer, I wanted one so badly, but with the way the crappy Canadian dollar was, I didn't think it would work. Man, was I surprised. I love it! I've already used it pretty much every day since I've been home!

We really lucked out when we got home, a guy in Todd's class had a bunch of extra tickets to the Fiesta bowl, so we got to go! I didn't really realize that it was such a big deal until we got there, it was so fun. The first three quarters were a little slow but by the fourth everyone in the crowd was on their feet it was such an exciting environment.

(I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture so just turn your head!)

As much as we loved our little vacation and miss our families while we're down here. I was nice get home, stop living out our suitcases and sleep in our own bed.

They were having a lovely winter back home, mild temperature and light snow, that was until we showed up! We experienced cold to a whole new level. There were a few days where -40 was the high. It only made it worse that we have become so acclimated to Arizona, that we practically shiver if it gets below sixty. It was the worst for all the kids all they wanted to do was go play outside but there were only a few days were it was warm enough. This year we had two Christmas' on with Todd's family another with mine. On Christmas eve with Todd's family all the nieces and nephews acted out the nativity it was too cute. We woke up bright and early, as I'm sure most people did (at least those with kids at Christmas) and the morning began. It was nice to spend time with family just relaxing. The two youngest kids got sick over the holiday, but with the number of kids there and the lack of sleep we could have had an epidemic on our hands.
We spent the next week with my family up in Calgary. Lauren is still little enough that it really doesn't matter to her when Santa comes so had Christmas all over again. It was so fun to see her get excited about Christmas, she loved to play with the Nativity scene. Kiersten and I had bought a necklace for her to give mom , Lauren helped wrapped it, but we sure if she totally understood. But on Christmas morning before she saw the tree or even asked about presents she going off to mom about a necklace, my mom pretty confused, so Lauren took her downstairs unwrapped the present herself and said "See mom, I got you a necklace" Lauren had broken the necklace by time we started opening the rest of the presents but it was a cute moment. We were planning on heading out snowboarding near the end of our trip, but remember those two little ones who got sick at Christmas...Todd does. Turns out he picked up strep from them, I guess its good he got it before we came back down, but we really wanted to go snowboarding.
I know Christmas isn't about the presents but I have to brag a little about this one. How great is my husband and my mom! I can't believe I got a Bosch Mixer, I wanted one so badly, but with the way the crappy Canadian dollar was, I didn't think it would work. Man, was I surprised. I love it! I've already used it pretty much every day since I've been home!

We really lucked out when we got home, a guy in Todd's class had a bunch of extra tickets to the Fiesta bowl, so we got to go! I didn't really realize that it was such a big deal until we got there, it was so fun. The first three quarters were a little slow but by the fourth everyone in the crowd was on their feet it was such an exciting environment.
As much as we loved our little vacation and miss our families while we're down here. I was nice get home, stop living out our suitcases and sleep in our own bed.

4 comments:
I am so NOT telling Mark that you guys went to the Fiesta Bowl, he'll be so jealous! Sounds like a fun Christmas minus the strep. :)
Ashley! So glad to see an update! It looks like you had a great Christmas, although a cold one. I'm so jealous you went to the Fiesta Bowl, that would have been a ton of fun. Hope to see you soon!
You got a Bosch! I'm so happy for you :). Sounds like you guys had a great trip!
What a fun Christmas...although a little cold! How great that you got a Bosch! I LOVE mine. Your Christmas card is sooo cute! You'll have to teach me how to do that. Is it like digital scrapbooking?
Post a Comment