I know it seems like it, but we haven't fallen off the face of the planet, I swear, time has just been flying by this summer! I guess I better start off with the most exciting news. The rumors are true; we’re having a BABY!! The newest McClenaghan will arrive the beginning of December and we can’t to meet the little guy! Yes you heard right, it’s a boy, we found out the other week and we certainly have a proud dad over here! Pregnancy has certainly been a unique experience, I’ve made it through the being sick phase, the “is she pregnant or is she just getting fat” phase, and now I’m on to heart burn, but don’t get me wrong it’s a great feeling to know that my little boy is growing inside of me. The ultrasound showed that he was pretty long, but let’s be honest that wasn’t much of a surprise.
Our little guy at 18 weeks.

One of Todd's proudest moments

And here is the much anticipated belly shot. It's crazy how much I've popped out in the last couple weeks.
21 weeks
We started off our summer selling security systems up in Grande Prairie, Canada. Todd did really well selling, I didn’t fare quite as well, I blame it on being exhausted and pregnant all
the time while we were there, but it makes me even more proud of how hard Todd worked. Don’t feel bad if you’ve never heard of Grande Prairie, it is one the northern most cities in Alberta, just to get an idea of where we were this was the exit sign on the one highway that ran through the city.

It’s been fun to back in Canada for summer
because we’ve gotten to spend a lot of time with family.
I made my little sisters play models so that I could play with my new camera.


Because of my dads job we were able to go to a Stampede BBQ with Steven Harper, the Prime Minister of Canada.

Todd’s sister got married last week, and all of his siblings were able to fly out with all their kids. There were thirty of us all living in one house; it was quite the party. The wedding was wonderful, and we were able to get some really great shots of the new couple.



We spent a few days camping with Todd family near Lake Huron, and had so much fun. We swam and hiked, and I think I ate my weight in roasted marshmallows.
We spent a day a place called the Grotto. I have never seen such clear water in all my life, it was beautiful. There was endless cliff jumping and exploring to be done. If you tell anyone who has ever been there before that you went, they want to know if you swam under the Grotto. It’s an underwater tunnel that runs from inside the cave out into the lake. You have to hold your breath for nearly a minute, while you’re swimming through the deep, freezing cold water. Todd has known about it since he was young but had never tried it (the stories of people dying are slightly intimidating!), so he and his brothers took the plunge. Thankfully they all made it out alive, but not necessarily scratch free. Todd clipped his head on a rock on his way out, it was a little messy but now he’ll have the scar to back up the story.
I can’t believe the summer is so close to being over, before we know it we’ll be back in sunny Phoenix, and back to the grind for Todd. We feel so lucky that we have been able to have such a great summer so far, and we still have some pretty exciting things still to come.

13 comments:
CONGRATS on the news of the new baby coming! That is great! We are heading to Ontario on Friday and Jamie couldn't be happier! It sounds like you guys have had a great summer!
Yay, for blue!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys.
If it makes you feel any better, most people think im just getting fat as well. I'm really starting to hate being pregnant... especially in the heat.
I am excited for you, BUT I am a little disappointed. Does this mean when you come back you won't be my exercise buddy? Where will you be living?
I'm so glad to see an updated post! I've been looking forward to baby news! Congrats on a healthy little baby boy! Your pregnant belly is really cute.
Looks like you guys are having a great time. I look forward to seeing everyone again!
I'm so glad to see that you're doing well. You look adorable pregnant. I can't wait to see you guys. When are you coming back?
What a hot pregnant lady! Glad to see you guys are doing well. We'll see you soon!
Congratulations on the baby news. I'm so excited for you. You're so tiny for 21 weeks. Your little belly is so cute. Can't wait to see you guys when you get back. Travel safe.
Congrats! That's so great! I knew something was up that night after our Wii party where Todd was so interested in baby stuff. That's so exciting and we'll see you soon in stinkin' hot Arizona.
Congrats guys! Babies are so great! Oh and I can't believe Todd swam the Grotto. That's pretty intense. Anyways, I hope you are feeling ok and good luck with he rest of your pregnancy!
CONGRATS on your little one!! That is SO awesome!! You look great, by the way. He is going to be so handsome and athletic just like his parents. Looks like you've had a wonderful summer! Are you coming back to the ward?
Congratulations on the little guy! Sounds like you two are having a great summer, I guess we'll see you in the Phoenix sun shortly. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Hooray Ashley!!! Congrats!!! We are pretty dang close. I literally think my due date is like 4 days before yours and we are having a boy too! That is so fun!! We can compare tummies when we get back although I have a feeling you are going to be a little smaller than me:) We'll be back in Phoenix in a few weeks so we will see you soon! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!
Wow congratulations!!!
Does Davis know this? If he does he didnt tell me!!!
you look great with your little bump!!!
Post a Comment