Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The countdown is on

We're getting so close, I can hardly believe it. It's a really unique experience being days away from having your first baby. We're so excited to meet this little guy, and have him join our family, but at the same time it is a little overwhelming to think about how we will be responsible for everything he's going to need, not to mention the fact that for us to be able to meet him he will somehow have to exit his current living conditions... I think this baby has really started to pack on the pounds in the last couple weeks, because I've sure exploded! Here's what 37 1/2 weeks looks like on me. Not particularly flattering, but everyone tells me it'll be worth it. I thought I was doing pretty good in the swelling department, that was until I saw a picture of myself from about a year ago, apparently when you see your swell a little every day, you don't realize how much you've actually grown. (ignore the awful picture quality!)


A couple weeks ago a friend of mine threw me an amazing baby shower. It was such a fun afternoon, and it made me feel incredibly blessed for all of the great people that we've become friends with since moving to Arizona. It was also really nice that my grandma was able to come. Of course my pregnancy brain got the better of me and I forgot to bring my camera. I stole a couple of pictures off my friend's blog. Everything was so cute.


I've been trying to keep myself busy so that I don't go too stir crazy waiting for this baby to come. I started helping out coaching a junior high girls basketball team. I've been having a lot of fun with the girls, but I think I forgot what it was like to be a 12 year old girl. I also took another cake decorating class, I have had a lot of fun doing it, but unfortunately I only need so many cakes in my life.



We also go to go to our first Arizona Cardinals game. Todd sister and her son came into town and they really wanted to see a NFL game(the NFL is slightly more large scale than the CFL back home!). We didn't have tickets, but ended up scoring these sweet seats from a scalper for a steal of a deal. It was a lot of fun, but I think I was little bit too pregnant to be sitting a section that insisted on standing up and sitting down constantly throughout the whole game!

It's been nice having Todd home a little more for Thanksgiving break, we go back to the doctor on Wednesday and hopefully things are progressing well. If all goes well we should be meeting our little guy in not very long!

3 comments:

Brie Wheelwright said...

I think you look adorable and you'll be an awesome Mom. Good luck with everything. I would love to bring dinner when I come back from Utah.

Evan and Amber said...

yeah I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Cute cakes by the way!

Linsey said...

So exciting! We'll be thinking about you guys, let us know if you need anything!