Saturday, November 8, 2008

A little late I know...

I know that "hectic" life is hardly an excuse but I have some blogging catching up to do. I was able to go back up to Canada for a while a couple weeks ago, it was so nice to see everyone back home. I'm pretty sure I am more used to the Arizona climate that I had thought because October back home seemed a lot colder than it has ever been before. It was so much hanging out with my sisters and my mom. I got to watch one of Kiersten's volleyball games (she is way better than I think I ever was) I would have been able to see a whole lot more of them, but my mom brought home the NORI virus from school and everyone except spent a couple of days vomiting, not pretty! My mom had to work a couple of days so I got to babysit my little sister Lauren, kids are a lot more work than I had thought. We celebrated Thanksgiving a little late so that I could be there, I taught Lauren how to spray the aerosol can whipping into her mouth, (a skill every sister must pass on) she thought it was one of the neatest things she'd ever seen...my mom wasn't as impressed.





Lauren had a Halloween Part and of course dressed as a Princess, pink is pretty much the only colour she'll wear.

Picking out a pumpkin really made it feel like Fall and Halloween we're coming.  I love it when it starts to a little cold outside, and everyone's cheeks and nose stat turn pink.  Lauren was only little kid at the pumpkin give away that could carry her big pumpkin all by herself.  Lauren was so excited to carve her pumpkin until she saw all the gunk inside of it.  She was very happy watching other people get dirty for her.



The AzDA threw a Halloween "Bash" for all the dental students at both schools in Phoenix.  It was fun to see everyone all dressed up.    We had to think up a last minute costume, Sis. Barry's costume collection definitely saved us.  We went as a "Cow Pie", we hay a little homage to Southern Alberta!


Grandma and Grandpa flew into Phoenix last week, we picked them up from the airport and went out for supper with them,  I was able to head down to see the other day.  It's that we have have some family down here now.

I finally scummed to Holly's peer pressure a bought a gym pass to LA Fitness.  I really like it, we've gone a ton already, we even tried a Latin dance workout class.  Definitely a unique experience and certainly provided an opportunity for lots of laughs.  Last night Todd and I went with Daric and Holly to the Phoenix Art Museum.  It's free on the first Friday of the month.  It was a lot of fun, and will maybe help us become a little more cultured.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ashley, I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad I found you, I hope you don't mind that I'll be adding yours to mine.

Very clever, the cow pi...very clver.

I'll be calling you soon about bookclub, i want to switch it to Tuesday this week. I'll see you soon!

Holly and Daric said...

What's all this about peer pressure?! You know you wanted it! :)

Cara and Steve said...

Ashley, I love your blog! Steve and I will have to go to that museum... it looks very interesting. I used to have a gym membership in S.L., but I'm not quite sure of where I want to get one here because I'm very particular... I'll have to check out that gym.