Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Basketball, Cakes & Cribs!

First of all Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving!

Ever since we moved to Phoenix I've wanted to go a Phoenix Mercury game, but because of their season (and Todd's schedule) we've had a tough time getting to one. Well we finally made it, and we certainly picked the right game to go to. We got to see them win the WNBA championship in the final game of the series. What a neat experience. The girls were unbelievably talented, but it definitely made me miss my playing days.



Ace of Cakes is right up there with one of my most favorite shows and I'm always telling Todd about how much I'd love to be able to decorate cakes. I think he got sick of hearing it and seeing no action on my part, so he signed me up for a cake decorating class. I've been to two classes so far and it is so much fun. Here is the first cake I made in class. TLC hasn't called to give me my own show just yet but I'm keeping my cell phone close just in case!


We finally decided on a crib this weekend, I had been looking on craigslist and at garage sales for weeks, but to no avail. I was completely frustrated by the entire process. Until ... I was looking on a couple of coupon-ing website that I go to, and found two BabiesRus coupons that would both apply to the crib that I really wanted, but couldn't bring myself to spending that much on. Well long story I saved 100$ on the crib which brought it down to about the same as I was planning on spending on one from Craigslist. I love it when stuff just works out!

5 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

How exciting. I love the crib. Great job on the cake too. Sounds like your life has been quite eventful.

Criscell said...

Wow!! Great job on your crib! I'm very impressed that you were able to save that much. I love the cake you made too--oh, and your diaper case is adorable. You've been busy lately!

Lorne and Leena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorne and Leena said...

Not grandpa, it's me mom sorry can't chance the display.
I love it to Ash! What colours are you thinking about? I went to a fabulous new baby store here in Calgary and I thought it would be good to know. Just in case I wanted to pick something up for my favourite grandbaby!

Tara and Ricky said...

I'm so impressed with your cake decorating skills!!! I took some classes a few years ago and loved them... unfortunately I have not really kept up the practicing so I should get on that.... and, now that we know how to make fondant:) I also love the crib you found!!! We managed to find ours while were in Utah for the summer and got a screaming deal on it from someone we knew.... love those! Ours is a different color, but the same style. I have been contemplating painting it white though... hmmmm... decisions!!