Well today was my much anticipated 1/2 marathon, and I am still alive to blog about it! To be honest it was so much fun. I was a little bit worried about the weather but it turned out to be a great morning. The hills in the race made it harder than I had thought it would be, but I still ended up with a pretty decent time, and finished 8th in my age division. I was counting on my iPod to get me through the tough moments but it was just my luck that it completely died at about the half way mark. Seven miles can be a long time to be left to your thoughts! I was so grateful to have Todd there, he missed out on a lot of study time but it meant so much to me to have him there. He was incredibly supportive, he seemed to be there at all the hard spots cheering me on and taking my picture. I couldn't have done it without him, he even got me flowers for when I finished.
Other than the race we've had a lot of fun the past couple of weeks. Todd was called into Young Men's as the Priest Quorum advisor as well as the Basketball Coach, and loves it. We have such a great group of young men in our ward, and Todd is having a blast with them. We were also able to go watch an ASU basketball game, friends of ours got tickets through work, and brought us along. It was awesome, the environment was so exciting, Todd and I both agreed that it would have been a lot of fun to play it that kind of atmosphere. It was so neat to have the Cardinals in the Superbowl this year, the whole city seemed to come alive, and it made watching the game on tv was a lot more exiting. We also got tickets to see the Suns play, from season ticket holders who couldn't go, the players looked huge from that close up!
This the "before shot".
After a couple of hours I had only sanded this much, luckily I got my hands on an electric sander, Jen you're a life saver!
The "after shot"

9 comments:
Way to go Ashley! You look way to cute in those pictures. Arn't you supposed to be red and sweaty after running 13 miles? Sedona looks really beautiful. We are going to have to make it up there sometime. And you table looks great. I can't believe you got that for 10 bucks!
Way to go on your half marathon-- and your coffee table too, you talented gal, you. So if I call you sometime this week would you help me make birth announcements for Crew? That would be so awesome!!
Great job Ashley! I knew you could do it! Doesn't it feel so great to finish a race like that?! I love that feeling! And nice job on the coffee table. Way to be crafty!
Good work on the half-marathon! Sounds so fun! Plus I'm a little jealous. I'd love to do something like that someday!
Way to go Ashley!--on everything!
Pretty amazing if I do say so myself!
Hi!! I found your blog from criscells I wanted to see how the marathon went, it looks like you did so well!!! What an accomplishment!! And btw- i love your Bosch- it looks like the perfect size!! Mine is huge and bulky and i dont use it as much as i should... but yours is a good size... Good job again on the marathon!
Congrats Ash on the 1/2 marathon. That's amazing. I can't believe you trained in such little time, and still did it. That's awesome.
Wow, I am very impressed that you did that Marathon ... I would NOT be doing that, I am way too much of a wimp. Good for you!
Post a Comment